Wednesday, April 6, 2011

~ Party Trend ~ Cake POPS!

WARNING!! If you are new to Cake Pops then better Stop here and don't read the rest of this post. And don't even imagine on clicking here or here, it will be dangerous, I'm telling you, these two sites are highly addictive. 



by creativecakebites.com

If you clicked there already, don't say I didn't warn you! 
Basically Cake pops are small cake balls on lollipop sticks. They are made by mixing cake crumbs with icing, rolling into balls, dipping in melted candy, popped on a stick and decorated into many different cute shapes.



Basic Cake Pops Recipe:

1 box cake mix
12 oz of icing
Candy melts  {1oz for each pop}
Lollipop sticks
Styrofoam block
Colourful candy or sprinkles to decorate


1. Bake the cake following the box directions in a 9x13 pan, let it cool and crumble in a bowl.

2. Mix cake and icing together

3. Shape mix into 2" balls {just like making meatballs but cake balls}, place them on  a baking sheet on parchment paper and let them chill for 30 min in the freezer to firm up and transfer to fridge.

4. Melt candy in the microwave, in a deep and heat proof bowl, 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between or use an electric chocolate candy melter.

4. Dip a lollipop stick on melted candy and insert into cake balls.

5. Dip in melted candy, make sure cake ball is all covered, let the excess to drip on bowl

6. Insert in Styrofoam block and let dry, or..

    Cover with sprinkles and then let dry, or...

    Let your creativity go wild .. After they are dry, you can decorated them using edible markers or decorating with all kind of candies to make them into any shape you like.  The possibilities are endless.


I have seen so many delicious creations...
Here are some of my favourites:


Mrs. Potts Cake pops.  Pure perfection!!

 

Ice cream Pops also from Bakerella

These look so yummy, just like real ice cream.




I can't stop singing after looking at these.
 "Under the sea
   Under the sea..
  Darling it's better
    Down where it's wetter
   Take it from me"


I am not fan of Sushi,  but I will love these for sure!






These will be perfect for a Strawberry Shortcake themed party.


Aren't these Hello Kitty pops adorable?  I wish I had seen them before, they would have been perfect for my daughter's Hello Kitty balloon dreams birthday party.


How to Display Cake Pops

I came across this display from Wilton, while I was looking for lollipops displays for my oldest daughter's birthday.  I really like it! First of all is inexpensive, only $6.99 at Michaels { and you can always use a Michaels 40% off coupon} and it can be decorated to match any theme.  




These cake pops gift boxes, also from Wilton, are very cute too!




 Arrange your cake pops together in a pottery for a more sophisticated look!
Perfect for baby or bridal showers.


Look at this gorgeous Cake pop Tower display made out of Styrofoam.





picture by hostessblog.com

Another great cake pop display is a Vase filled with Candy. A cool trick is to take any vase {not glass or see through}, put some Styrofoam or floral foam inside, and  fill just the top with jelly beans. 

I hope these ideas will be helpful in planning your next party!


DID YOU ENTER IN OUR WEEKLY GIVEAWAY? Don't miss it and ENTER NOW:
http://www.party-tales.blogspot.com/p/giveaway.html

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    The pink, black, and white display is actually a product of mine and had been taken by Sweetiepettee as her own. Can you change the citation to cakepops.com ?

    Thanks!
    Candice
    info@cakepops.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candice, Sorry I found it on her etsy shop, I thought it was hers. I changed to cakepops.com. Great display. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey the ice cream IS AMAZZZINGG!!!! I love how it looks beautiful and real!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. this website is making me hungry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...