Friday, June 8, 2012

~ Birthday Party ~ 50's Diner Sock Hop Party Part 1

Happy Friday! I am working on posting all the details of all the parties I did last month.

May was a busy month. First I had my daughter's 3rd Under The Sea Birthday party, then my oldest daughter birthday party, then a few customer parties: Ariana's 11th diva Party, Nicole's 8th Paris inspired party and Emily's 5th Princess party 

Today I am going to start with my daughter's 8th Birthday Bash!  Again lots of pictures so I had to divide the post in 2 parts...

Julianna's favourite restaurant is Johnny Rockets and when I saw the Sock Hop 50's party supplies, I thought it was the perfect theme for her 8th birthday party and she loved the idea! From there we went all out with the 50's theme.


These were the invites I made for her party! It was held at our home or 'Julianna Rockets' Diner for that day...


I had so much fun planning all the decor for this party: Jukeboxes, Cadillac, Records, musical note, Poodle skirt and milkshakes everywhere. We decorated with lots of balloons in Black, white, pink and teal. 

I had a hand painted mural for the Sweet table background.

The cupcakes were like little milkshakes, a gum ball for a cherry and I cut some waffer cookies as straws.  The Cake Pops are from Cathy from The Cake Bomb.

I covered the cake with small fondant/gum paste black squares to recreate a 50's diner floor and I tried to make the sugar doll to look like my daughter with the brown hair and the big eyes...I wanted to share with you a little trick about the candles...I got the number 8 and the stars candles but the colors really didn't match the decor, so I painted them with regular craft paint and sprinkled glitter on them right away before the paint dried.

Cathy also made these pretty milkshake pops.

My daughter and her friends!

I hope you enjoy these pictures! 
Click here to view PART 2 of this Party!

All the printable designs used in this party are now available at my Etsy shop.

Cake Pops- Cathy The CakeBomb
Decor and Party Printable Designs: Party-Tales

Sock Hop 50's Party Supplies can be purchased online at Birthday Express


  1. I love your party. The mural is fantastic and everything looks great!

  2. Great theme and such a fun party!

  3. Such a darling party theme! I'm sure your daughter loved it. :-)

    1. Thanks Lissa, I still have to post the rest of the pictures.

  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  5. Replies
    1. Hi Marissa, they are.. Please contact me at my email party-tales{at}

      Thanks, Milenna


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...